Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pokegama

           My mom said that this year she wants to enjoy winter instead of waiting for it to pass. She said she wanted to go snowshoeing and skiing. Another thing she wants to do is go ice fishing. My mom loves to fish during the summer but she has not gone ice fishing since she was a kid. She is never on the ice for very long; once she hears the ice crack she usually gets off quickly. On the warmest weekend of the winter so far, my mom decided she wanted to try ice fishing. My dad and I loaded a sled filled with ice fishing gear in our truck and my mom and dad left to go fishing. My sister her friend and her friends dad met them on the ice. I left later in my own vehicle because I had basketball game that day and would have to leave early. When I got out there all of the holes were drilled through the ice and my dad was working on setting up the ice house. I got rods ready for my mom, sister, and her friend and they got to fishing right away. Very few fish were caught but everyone had fun throwing a football and enjoying a unusually warm winter day.

No comments:

Post a Comment