Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Thank You, Coach Crawford and Coach Gabe

Dear coach Crawford and coach Gabe,
                    Basketball for me has always had some uncertainty, especially at Marshall. In ninth I had coach Brenna with coach Clark as a varsity coach. In tenth grade I could not play basketball because of my back surgery. Then last year both of you came to the coaching staff along with coach Winsett. It was my first year back to basketball, and you guys made me feel as if I never left. You helped with my post game, trying to get me more involved on offense, and helped me with rebounding. By the end of the first year the whole team and coaches went from strangers to family. This year coach Crawford became varsity coach and coach Gabe became the JV coach. When Levi got hurt I found out I was going to get my first varsity start just before warm-ups. At the time I would have liked to know earlier, but telling later allowed my to prepare like I would any other game. In the two years that you were coaches I have had the most fun and learned the most than with any of my other coaches. Coach Crawford: I will never forget your pregame speeches, after them I thought I could take on a whole army, or even slay a dragon. You were always able to get us motivated and ready for anything. Coach Gabe: When I first heard you sing it was so unexpected, and shocking. You have an amazing voice and almost everyday I learned something new and surprising about you. You were always able to lighten up the mood whenever I did something wrong on the court. You would tell me what I did wrong,  and what i should do next time. Then you would go on to make a joke or comment that would crack up the whole bench. I will miss never having either of you as coaches again, and wish the team the best of luck next year. I will carry everything I learned for these past two years and bring them to college next year, and keep them with me for the rest of my life.
                             
                                                                                                               Thank You,
                                                                                                                            Chris N.          

No comments:

Post a Comment