Thursday, May 22, 2014

Thank you, Mr. KJ

Dear Mr. KJ
                You were my first teacher at Marshall. My time at Marshall started slowly, I just sat in the back of the class keeping to myself and not talking to anyone. You encouraged all of us to open up and talk to each other. At the end of sixth grade I was already way more open then the beginning of the year. I felt comfortable talking to all of the my classmates. I have always been a procrastinator but you pressured me to finish what homework I had. You helped me get organized, and no matter how hard it was, stay organized. I could always talk to you whenever I needed to. When our house in West Duluth flooded out you happened to be riding your bike around and talked to us about it. When school started you kept asking for updates about our situation; you said if there was anything we needed you could help. It may not seem like much, but it was nice knowing that you were there if i needed it. We are now settled down in our new house and my first blog post, snapshots of my summer, talks more about moving in. I will never forget walking in your classroom and being able to six on a yoga ball. I always felt more calm and relaxed when I sat down, it was also so much more fun than regular chairs. Thank you for all of your help with my time at Marshall.
                                                                                                     Thank you so much,
                                                                                                                            Chris. N

1 comment:

  1. Chris,
    Thanks for the heartfelt post. I'm glad I was able to make your life a little easier in sixth grade. I knew coming to Marshall would be difficult for you since all your old friends moved on to Lincoln or Morgan Park. Mrs. Snyder told me your house had been badly damaged by the flood so I wanted to ride by to check up on your family and see if there was anything I could do to help. I've always been impressed by the kindness you and your siblings show to everyone so I was merely reciprocating.
    Mr. KJ

    ReplyDelete